With The Blog Societies 6th Annual Conference just 5 weeks away, we thought today’s blogging tips post was perfect timing. Whether you’re attending #TBScon or another networking event, all of these tips still apply. You’re spending time and money to attend these types of events and getting the most out of it. To get the most bang for your buck at any networking event, follow our tips below!
- Bring Business Cards – You never know who you’re going to meet at events and having your business cards ready to go is a great way to exchange information and follow up afterwards.
- Say Hello To Everyone – It can be easy to just hang back with your friends and not branch out. But we encourage you to break away from your comfort zone and say hello to new faces. You don’t have to say hi to EVERYONE, but make a goal to speak to 5 new people at each event so it’s less overwhelming.
- Come With Ideas – If you’re attending a blog conference and know the brands attending or speakers in advance, come to the table with thought starters and soft pitches so you stand out of the crowd.
- Attend All Events – A lot of thought and energy goes into creating conference itineraries. There’s many opportunities to meet and mingle with new people and you won’t want to miss out on any of it. Make the most of your investment and attend all events, even optional ones if you can.
- Follow Up – Now that you’ve met new friends, brands, speakers and leaders in the industry, make an effort to follow up. This can be as easy as sending an email as soon as you get home from all the business cards you’ve accumulated, to even a more thoughtful touch with a hand written note. Good old snail mail always leaves a lasting impression.
With the countdown officially on, we still have just a handful of tickets left. If you’re interested in attending, you can head here to purchase your ticket. TBS members can use your username as your access code. Not a member and want to attend? We’re going to let you in on a little secret. Our friends over at HoneyBook and Rising Tide Society have a couple of tickets up for grabs that you can purchase HERE with code TBSlovesHB.