How To Promote A Blog Post
So you’ve published a brand new blog post, now what? Readers don’t magically just appear on your website, sadly. You have more work to do to earn those eyeballs! After all the time and effort you’ve put into creating such great content for your website, there are easy, actionable steps you can take to set yourself up for success with your readers. There are several great way to drive traffic to your blog posts.
Here are a few things to start doing right after you hit the PUBLISH button on your latest blog post so you can drive more traffic to your website. More traffic, means more potential new readers, subscribers and affiliate money earned. And let’s not forget about ad revenue too! Let’s dive in.
How To Promote A Blog Post On Social Media Platforms
Social Media, whether your cup of tea or not, is where you really connect with your readers. If they don’t check your blog every day, it’s a great platform to let them know you have a new post up and a brief description of what it’s about and why they should read it. If done correctly, it’s a great way to drive traffic to your blog as well as creating a sense of community with your followers. Think about how you can create strong calls to action with your post topic to help promote your blog post and encourage more clicks.
- Share images on Instagram In-feed with a call to action to learn more with the link in your IG profile – and let’s make sure this link actually works!
- Share a handful of Stories to your Instagram with a teaser of what they can expect to encourage click-through. Doing just one story is never enough. Create excitement and interest around the post by asking a few pain point questions first so they are more enticing to get a click.
- Can you create this post into a Reel? This can be a great way to create video content in addition to a static post. You don’t have to create ALL new video content, take what you’ve already created and figure out a way to turn your written content into an engaging video.
- If you can do the above, share it on TikTok as well.
- Always tag any brands featured as they may reshare your photo in their stories as well.
- Create a strong CTA (call to action) to drive clicks.
- You can schedule posts on your blog Facebook page before your post goes live so it’s perfectly synced with your blog post going live.
- Schedule more than one post. While you’re scheduling the same post, schedule one a few weeks from now and one a month or two from now. You always need to be recirculating blog content!
- Share your post on Twitter and be sure to tag any brands you may be featuring.
- Use an app to schedule your Tweets in advance like Hootsuite. That way you aren’t scrambling the day of trying to get the word out. You only have 280 characters so keep it short, sweet and catchy!
- Pin your pinnable images to Pinterest with a strong Pin title with keywords in the description.
- Add a detailed description and be sure to use some hashtags (we cover a lot of this in a post here).
- Create Pinterest graphics specific to that post that have a great call to action to drive clicks on Pinterest to your blog.
- Try downloading Tasty Pins Plugin, we love using this plugin to add these Pinterest graphics to the actual blog post so users can pin them. Plus, it gives you more control over Pin Title & Descriptions.
- Schedule Pins on Tailwind so your content is being shared throughout the year (or season) that’s relevant.
Other Ways To Promote Your Blog Post To Drive More Traffic
Connect With Brands
If you shared a blog post specifically about a brand, this would be a great opportunity to reach out to that brand to show your work. This is an ideal way to build a relationship or continue growing current relationships with brands. Not everything has to be sponsored to be shared with brands, show them your ongoing love for them!
Giving your newsletter subscribers something exclusive is always a great way to add value. Can you expand on your latest post and share it with your subscribers? You can also include this new post in a roundup of new posts for your newsletter to share what’s happening on your blog lately. We love using Flodesk for how easy it is to create beautiful newsletters.
Add Your Link To Older Posts
Internally linking within your blog is a great SEO tactic and helps to increase your page views. If your recently published blog post is relevant to an older post, add it in!
Reply To Comments!
Reply to any comments or questions from your post. Whether they’re on your blog or on social, being engaged with your audience is important!
Explore more blogging tips here!