There’s no denying it, Instagram is where it’s at. And one of the hottest tools bloggers are utilizing now is Instagram stories. Not only is the Swipe Up featuring helping influencers generate tons of traffic to their blog, but you’re able to save those stories to Highlights. Located right above your photos in your feed, highlights allow your readers to refer back to some of your most memorable content.
But you want those highlighted sections to look professional and easy to navigate. That’s why today, we’re excited to share this great post from Georgia blogger, Amanda of Strawberry Chic, on How To Make Instagram Highlight Covers to personalize your own page.
HOW TO CREATE INSTAGRAM HIGHLIGHT COVERS
- Go to Canva and click on create a design. I find Canva works better in Chrome versus Safari if you’re on a Mac.
- Click on blog graphic
- Click elements on the left-hand side
- Click grids and select the first plain picture on the left
- Click on backgrounds and select a color or background of choice. You can customize the color by clicking the [+] box. You can also upload any picture if you want to use a styled background instead of a solid color. Get creative here, but you want to make sure they aren’t too busy and easy for people to read.
- Click on text then click add a heading and slide it to the canvas. Type out the title for your IG story graphic
- Pick your favorite font and contrasting color (I used white because I’m faithful to my IG theme
- Click elements again then click shapes
- Search the icons you want to use for the highlight covers you plan to add to your profile. My highlight covers are beauty, style, life, home, bloopers, and blog. I picked cute simple icons that went with these topics. Drag the icon to the center of the post. Canva helps you align things easily! You can also change the color of the simple images to match your style. Again, I choose white. Try to keep the icons a similar size when adjusting them.
- Click download as .JPG