One of the questions we get asked often is what should your content strategy look like. During our webinar we hosted, we discussed what an effective content mix should be. Our SEO expert, Clem, recommends having 25% of your posts be personal. Creating personal posts helps to get your current readers and followers on social platforms back on to your site to learn more about YOU. These posts can also drive great engagement by sparking a fun or even controversial conversation.
Personal posts don’t have to be a deep dark secret. They can be light and fun, controversial with your own opinion to spark conversation, or as simple as “a day in the life”. They’re a way for your readers to get to know you better so they feel more connected to you. This helps build trust and community with your readers. And will likely drive more social media traffic to your blog than just a regular old outfit post.
Here are a few of our favorite personal post ideas to get your creative juices flowing!
20 of Our Favorite Personal Post Ideas
- X Amount of things you may not know about me.
- Your top 5 Favorite Movies.
- A Day In the life.
- What would you say to a younger version of yourself?
- A unique tradition in your family? – this is a fun one for the holidays
- Your most significant life event?
- What’s your biggest fear?
- Your most favorite travel story?
- X Favorite bands or singers from your adolescence?
- X Items on your bucket list?
- What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
- Best/Worst first date story?
- A few things I’ve learned from (insert life event, move, accomplishment)…
- Your morning routine, your bedtime routine.
- The best books you’ve read?
- An article or book that moved you?
- What’s your favorite sandwich?
- Where did you go grow up and how did it shape who you are?
- What are your biggest pet peeves?
- What’s one thing you can’t travel without?