There you are at your computer. You’ve found the correct contact for a brand you want to partner with. You’ve written an amazing pitch email (using TBS’s pitch templates available in The Library, of course!) that no doubt will show said brand that a collaboration with you is beneficial to their marketing strategy. But just before you hit send, you hit a major roadblock. What in the heck do I put as the subject line to my email?
No doubt coming up with the perfect subject line that gets your email noticed, read, and responded to is one of the more difficult aspects of the pitching process. But we promise, it doesn’t have to be. Instead of sitting there and overthinking what to say to grab the attention of the brand rep, we’ve done the hard work for you! Check out these 10 subject lines to get your pitch emails read by brands.
10 Subject Lines To Get Your Pitch Emails Read By Brands
As an influencer, there is a variety of ways you’ll be reaching out to a brand. It could be one you haven’t worked with before or one you’re following up with on an Instagram conversation. It could even be an outreach to a brand you haven’t worked with in years. So we’ve broken down the top category of emails and provided sample subject lines for each:
If you’ve never worked with this brand before, try these subject lines:
- BLOG NAME x BRAND NAME – Let’s chat!
- BLOG NAME x BRAND NAME – Fall Style Idea
- BLOG NAME x BRAND NAME – Partner for SEASON and YEAR
If you’re following up on an Instagram DM conversation via email, try these subject lines:
- Follow Up On Instagram DM Chat – BLOG NAME
- IG DM Follow Up – BLOG NAME
- Hey it’s YOUR NAME from IG DM – BLOG NAME
If you’re following up with a brand you’ve previously worked with on a partnership, we’d suggest using the original email chain you’ve already communicated on, but updating the subject line.
- For example, if you did An Indigo Day x Madewell – Fall Style Idea back in Q3, for Q4 update the subject line to say An Indigo Day x Madewell – Holiday Gift Guide Collab
- OR if it’s been longer than a year since you’ve worked together, use subject line BLOG NAME would love to work together again!
It’s also important to your outreach strategy to simply send relationship-building emails to brands that share important information, updates to your blog (i.e blog name change, touch base, or if you’ve featured their brand organically on your website or one of your top social channels). In that case, try using the subject line:
- Recently featured BRAND NAME on BLOG NAME
- Updates from BLOG NAME