During the summer, we’re always ready to try new recipes for healthy meals. Which is why we are head over heels crazy for all the recipes on A Joyfully Mad Kitchen! Madison really covers it all, and this Asparagus Chickpea Mediterranean Couscous Salad is one of our favorites! See her recipe below and make sure you check out her entire Recipe Box here!
- 1 cup couscous (uncooked)
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 asparagus stalks, cut into matchstick length pieces
- 2/3 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Cut asparagus and onion.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to a frying pan.
- Once oil is hot, add asparagus and onion.
- Cook until asparagus softens (but isn’t mushy), about 5 minutes
- Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package instructions. Set aside.
- In a small dish, combine garlic, olive oil, red wine vinegar, honey, salt and pepper.
- Stir to combine.
- Add asparagus, onion and feta to couscous in a serving bowl.
- Drizzle dressing over couscous mixture and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately (reheat if necessary before serving).